Wednesday, April 20, 2011

420??

Today is 4/20.  Seems pretty mundane, right?  Well, apparently everyone is making a big deal about it for a reason.  I mean, it WAS posted about on Facebook quite extensively today.  I had a co-worker ask me about it and thought it was funny when she didn't know.  Neither did a few other people at work today...I took an informal poll.  So after much thought and contemplation (and one google search) I decided to post info about it for all of you that are STILL clueless.   It has to do with pot....ya know, marijuana...

The Huffington Post published an article on the history behind 420 here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/19/420-history-the-story-beh_n_851136.html

The term started with the a group of high school students in California and the term 420 spread through the Grateful Dead"s network of fans and on from there. It was a code word for getting together and smoking pot which now is used across the country (apparently).  The article is chock full of interesting info!!

It even sparked it's own Snopes.com page:

http://www.snopes.com/language/stories/420.asp


And even a Wikipedia.com article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_%28cannabis_culture%29

So for those of you who actually care...here ya go!  You can read my blog, get stoned, and go raid the fridge!  Happy 420!!! :)

Signing off 22:11

1 comment:

  1. Thanks moonghozt. I think the only sweet leaf I have over here is Darjeeling tea.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave me your feedback....thanks!