Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What urbandictionary.com has to say about me.....

Well I was bored today....what a surprise!

I was on facebook just before and I noticed a few of my friends had searched their names on www.urbandictionary.com and posted the results in their statuses (if that is even a word)

So I figured WHY THE HELL NOT!

"Meredith" as defined by www.urbandictionary.com

Meredith is another name for a cool, mellow girl. She can go with the flow, but if things get extreme, she can deal with it. She's funny when she wants to be, and can adapt to a variety of personalities. This brand of girl is usually found in the south, but you could find her anywhere. Oh yeah, and she's lactose intolerant.

****************************************************************************
Kind of funny considering the source.....and for those of you wondering....I'm NOT lactose intolerant!
****************************************************************************

According to a plaque that I have that explains my name origins"

Meredith is a Celtic/Welsh name which was originally used as a male name but now is primarily a female name. It means "Guardian of the Sea"

I like my name.....my Grandma Barbara picked it out....my parents wanted to name me Kimberly and my Grandma told them that she couldn't imagine a 90 year old woman in a nursing home being called Kim! So hence I am Meredith!

I can't imagine a 90 year old woman in a nursing home being called Meri...but she DID have a bit of a point..... :) She only lived to be 73 and everyone called her Bobbie....at least she didn't end up in a nursing home!

Love ya and miss ya Gram....I know you are keeping an eye on me from the next world :) Oh...and thanks for the kick ass name!



Signing Off 21:33

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave me your feedback....thanks!